Since 2013, individuals and social impact organizations have called on EdPlus when they need to:
- Launch new initiatives to increase inclusive diversity
- Strategize about their current and future talent bench
- Navigate DC's education landscape
- Build systems for talent recruitment, selection, and retention
- Connect to mission-driven work or to individuals seeking real impact in their careers
- Develop managers and senior leaders to dismantle oppressive systems and cultivate inclusion and belonging
Stay informed with our FREE EdPlus Newsletter
Join the EdPlus Newsletter!
I’m Alicia Robinson, Founder at EdPlus Consulting.
Once upon a time I…
- Was the Chief Talent Officer at DC Prep, a charter management organization for students in preschool-8th grade ranked for multiple consecutive years as the highest performing CMO in Washington, DC.
- Was a teacher in DC public schools - first in DCPS as part of the inaugural class of DC Teaching Fellows, and then as a member of the founding faculty of DC Prep.
- Led education and recruitment initiatives at the Washington Scholarship Fund and New Leaders for New Schools. I hustle to make magic happen!
- Made tons of connections as an event planner and publicist. I can manage like a boss!
Since 2013 I've helped connect mission-driven individuals with education and social sector organizations. It's given me the opportunity to see firsthand what's working and what's broken about every aspect of the talent management cycle. Now I'm using all the wisdom I've collected to help organizations put their equity ideals into action. This work isn't just the right thing to do; it's the only way to justice and liberation.
We challenge ourselves and our clients to imagine a world where people of the global majority are celebrated and power and privilege no longer dictate access, opportunity, and ability to thrive.
What We Believe
Say the thing
Push the envelope
Get to the root
Appreciate historical context
Put people first
Center racial equity
Do hard things
Lift as we climb
Connect the dots
Create a lasting legacy for good
Use privilege for good
Open access for others
Appreciate that context is critical
“I invite each of us to imagine a world characterized by liberation. I invite each of us to imagine liberation in our lifetime. I invite each of us to imagine that we can help to make liberation happen." - Barbara J. Love
Academy of Hope Public Charter School
Achievement Prep Public Charter School
AppleTree Early Learning Public Charter School
Bellwether Education Partners
Center City Public Charter Schools
Charter Board Partners (now Education Board Partners)
EL Haynes Public Charter School
National Charter Collaborative
Partnership for America's Children
Stand for Children