Website E.L. Haynes PCS
- Do you believe excellent school operations play an essential role in student achievement?
- Do you want to help create a more just and kind world?
- Do you believe that diversity is a powerful strength for a school community?
A customer-driven expert in the nuances of benefits and payroll administration with a penchant for accuracy and details. You want to contribute to the education sector and have a tangible impact on the growth of a mission-driven organization. You thrive in a dynamic work environment that requires both an adaptive mindset and technical skills. You care about social justice and understand the role of benefits and payroll in sustaining an equitable workplace. You have a strong sense of personal responsibility and an affinity for collaboration across multiple individuals and teams.
We are E.L. Haynes.
A learning community where every student – of every race, socioeconomic status, home language, and ability – prepares to thrive in college, career, and life. Together, we create a more just and kind world.
Founded in 2004 and named for the first African-American woman to earn her Ph.D. in Mathematics, the award-winning E.L. Haynes Public Charter School serves more than 1,135 students in grades Pre-K3 through 12th grade. E.L. Haynes operates two campuses in the Petworth neighborhood of Northwest Washington, DC, and offers a rigorous educational program designed to prepare students to succeed in the college of their choice.
We believe that our most significant contribution to ending systemic injustice is through purposefully empowering our diverse community— as individuals and as a collective— with the skills and the conviction to be effective leaders for equity.
Our mission of student success is inextricably linked with our commitment to equity and the daily efforts of every member of our community to live our motto-Be Kind, Work Hard, and Get Smart.
- Lead For Equity: We challenge ourselves and each other to interrupt inequities and build equitable alternatives.
- Choose Joy: We find, bring, and share joy in our work every day. We practice gratitude, celebrate wins, and offer praise.
- Achieve Excellence: We deliver high-quality work every day. We set ambitious goals, embrace challenges, and hold ourselves and each other to high standards.
- Own Our Learning: We model a growth mindset for our students. We own our actions, mistakes, and learning. We continually look for ways to improve and produce high-quality work.
- Succeed Together: We value every member of our community and treat each other with kindness and care. We build meaningful relationships with students, families, and each other. We achieve more through collaboration and teamwork.
We are different. We are:
- A diverse and inclusive community, with nearly 70% of our staff identifying as people of color.
- The hub of the neighborhood. We are a community school and partner with neighborhood organizations to provide our families with comprehensive medical, dental, and mental health services.
- A place where all community members have their voices heard in the decision-making process.
- A school where students learn in a rigorous and coherent PK-12 environment.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all employee benefits and act as a conduit between the payroll online system and staff, fielding questions and managing employee use of the site
- Lead the HR onboarding process for new and returning employees including background and employment history checks, and other requirements of the DC School Safety Omnibus Act
- Maintain a complete and comprehensive personnel file for every full-time employee of the organization
- Work with the Finance, Operations, and Talent Teams to ensure compliance with local and federal laws and regulations
- Compile data requests and produce appropriate documents in support of external and internal HR audits and operations needs
- Plan, manage, and encourage participation in benefits offerings
- Coordinate and collaborate with the E.L. Haynes’ benefits broker in the evaluation of benefit programs and costs; review competitive bids and make recommendations to the Operations and Talent Teams
- Manage the organization’s payroll system and process, review, and balance bi-monthly payroll for the entire organization
- Act as a conduit between the payroll online system (ADP) and staff, fielding questions and managing employee use of the site
- Manage documentation and payment of employee contracts
- Work with appropriate government agencies and third party vendors in regards to payroll taxes, social security, unemployment, etc.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in Benefits/Payroll administration
- Commitment to the E.L. Haynes mission and core values
- Experience working independently toward goals, communicating effectively with colleagues, and engaging in 360-degree feedback processes
- Meticulous organization and time management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Track record for developing positive, empathetic, and productive relationships with colleagues and customers punctuated by grace, competence, and warmth
- Proficiency with Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite, an expert in Excel/Google Sheets
You might also have:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Oral and/or written proficiency in Spanish
- ADP, Employee Navigator, and/or TalentEd Records experience
We look forward to meeting you!
We proactively recruit, intentionally develop, and deeply value all members of our diverse and highly talented staff community. Our work environment fosters inclusion and authenticity, supporting all staff to thrive in their roles and maximize their impact on our students.
Our hiring process consists of an online application, asynchronous and panel interviews, and written performance activity. Please see more here. We offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. Learn more about our comprehensive benefits package here. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by March 1, 2021 for best consideration.
Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit elhaynes.tedk12.com.