Welcome to Minty’s List*, a curated directory of consultants and vendors of the global majority serving the education sector. Minty’s List seeks to:
- Elevate voices closest to communities served by public education
- Catalyze awareness of global majority entrepreneurs with expertise to drive needed solutions and transformation in the sector.
While the passage of Brown vs. Education in 1954 marked a turning point for race relations in the United States, it also signaled the systematic centering of whiteness as the norm, ideal, and north star in all aspects of public education. This has included the selection of consultants and vendors to support projects and initiatives in the education sector, despite the number of Black and brown students touched by their work. Not only has this centering of whiteness precluded Black and brown students and families from the inclination toward collaboration and community, creativity, divergent thinking and cultivated dual awareness borne of double consciousness inherent in people of the global majority, but it has also prohibited global majority-owned businesses from access to the wealth of business opportunities available in the education sector.
Minty’s List seeks to provide an antidote to white dominant culture in the education sector by offering “something different”.
For tips on how to engage with consultants and vendors on this list visit this link.
Special thanks to Education Forward DC for their generous support in making this directory possible.
*This list is named to honor the continued pursuit of freedom from enslavement and oppression in the spirit of Harriet Tubman, born Araminta "Minty" Ross.
Use the fields to search for a Consultant or Vendor that meets your preferred criteria. (You do not need to use all fields.)
Elevation Educational Consulting Group
- Black or African American
- Anti-racism/anti-oppression, diversity/equity/inclusion/belonging
- Organizational culture and leadership
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Teaching and learning
- Technology and data
- Professional development/training
- Strategic planning
- School culture and climate design and training
- Speaking engagements
- Inclusive workplace design and implementation
- Leader assessment, development, and training
- Change management
- Organizational visioning, goal-setting, and objectives design
- Design and deliver educator professional development
- Design and implement curriculum and assessments
- Teacher/leader instructional coaching
- Multilingual learners
- Socio-emotional learning
- Strategy planning
- Process codification and reference guide creation
- Data and research analysis
- Program design and development
- Project management
We have staff in AZ, MD, DC, OH and TX and have done work at the state and city level in AZ, AR, CA, DC, MD, and VA specifically.