Welcome to Minty’s List*, a curated directory of consultants and vendors of the global majority serving the education sector. Minty’s List seeks to:
- Elevate voices closest to communities served by public education
- Catalyze awareness of global majority entrepreneurs with expertise to drive needed solutions and transformation in the sector.
While the passage of Brown vs. Education in 1954 marked a turning point for race relations in the United States, it also signaled the systematic centering of whiteness as the norm, ideal, and north star in all aspects of public education. This has included the selection of consultants and vendors to support projects and initiatives in the education sector, despite the number of Black and brown students touched by their work. Not only has this centering of whiteness precluded Black and brown students and families from the inclination toward collaboration and community, creativity, divergent thinking and cultivated dual awareness borne of double consciousness inherent in people of the global majority, but it has also prohibited global majority-owned businesses from access to the wealth of business opportunities available in the education sector.
Minty’s List seeks to provide an antidote to white dominant culture in the education sector by offering “something different”.
For tips on how to engage with consultants and vendors on this list visit this link.
Special thanks to Education Forward DC for their generous support in making this directory possible.
*This list is named to honor the continued pursuit of freedom from enslavement and oppression in the spirit of Harriet Tubman, born Araminta "Minty" Ross.
Use the fields to search for a Consultant or Vendor that meets your preferred criteria. (You do not need to use all fields.)
- Black or African American
- Measurement, evaluation, and learning
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Teaching and learning
- Data visualization
- project management
- research and analysis
- Change management
- Organizational visioning, goal-setting, and objectives design
- Project management for strategy implementation
- Design and deliver educator professional development
- Design and implement curriculum and assessments
- Student performance assessment
- Teacher/leader instructional coaching
- Multilingual learners
- Special education support
NYC, New York